Bliss Papers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Joann's Baby Shower

My best friend Joann, delivered her first baby late this winter, and what better way to have celebrating the coming of baby Theo than a baby shower? These are the invitations and response card I designed for the occasion. We ended up using the last invitations with the Grosgrain Polka Dot Columns.

Like me, she's a little anti-pastel, so I went with an apple green theme, with touches of orange. The centerpieces are also photographed here. Overall, it was just lovely!

These were the invitations I ended up going with -- overall I was very pleased for the tone they set!









I added an enclosure card, since we had multiple meal selections.













This was the menu card for the shower, at each setting. A perfectly coordinated detail! They were tucked into an apple green pocket-fold napkin with a little favor of an orange dinosaur cookie cutter on top of the napkin (Joann and Matt referred to Theo as the 'clobbersaurus' when he was in-utero, since they didn't know the gender) and a small favor of a white 2" garden pail with a basil plant at the top of each setting.







I had some other initial ideas for the shower invitations. These were the ones that didn't make the cut:


No comments:

Post a Comment